CHICKEN HATCHERY MARKET OPPORTUNITY
Chicken meat is one of the most popular animal proteins globally. Additionally, it is the fastest growing component of global meat production. Poultry production in the country has shown a steady increase in the last two decades. India is the third-largest egg producer after China and USA. And the fourth-largest chicken producer after China, Brazil, and the USA. Furthermore, there are ample scopes for enhancing the production. Production is getting more organised and move ahead of consumption resulting in optimum prices and with minimum profits. Compared with the rest of livestock sector, the poultry industry in India is better organized and is progressing towards modernization.
Poultry is today the major source of meat in India. Its share in total meat consumption is 28%, as against 14% ten years ago. However, major growth drivers are high mutton prices, religious restrictions on beef and pork, and the limited availability of fish outside coastal regions. Additionally, the growth of the poultry sector depends partly on the size of the poultry population and partly on productivity. So there is always demand for the day one chicks for layers and broilers. Additionally, the poultry farmers always look for the quality birds. Once you establish the reputation, they become your regular customers. Thus we can say a small-scale chicken hatchery unit has enough market opportunity and profit potential.
THINGS TO CONSIDER IN STARTING CHICKENHATCHERY
- Before starting the unit, analyze the local demand. You must sell the chick first locally.
- Furthermore, chicken hatchery business demands specific skill.If you do not have any previous experience try to attend training classes. You can contact your nearby Govt. offices of Animal Husbandry Department.Generally, they conduct training time to time.
- Pay extra attention on sourcing the quality eggs. Because only from good quality eggs you can get quality chicks.
- Financial management plays an important role in chicken hatchery operation. You will need to purchase the incubator. And it attracts a good amount of fixed capital investment.
- Finally, it is advisable to have a project report in hand before starting.
CHICKEN HATCHERY SETUP & MACHINERY
Establishing a chicken hatchery demands a sufficient area for the operation. You will need to provide the housing for the one-day chicks. In addition, you must provide the space for incubator operation, vaccinations, etc. Ensure the adequate supply of water and electricity. An area of 2000 Sq Ft is perfect for a small-scale hatchery operation. Major machinery list includes
- Egg Hatcher (Automatic)
- Egg setter
- Electric egg tester
- Electric Debeaker
- Egg weighing scale (1-100 gram cap.)
- Feeder, waterer, and brooder
- Misc. items like buckets, trays, baskets etc.
- Weighing balance
- Air conditioner
- Veterinary clinic instruments/equipment
Kind Courtesy: http://muvsi.in/